Sponsor: NC Space Grant
Program: NC Space Grant/NC Sea Grant Graduate Research Fellowship Program
|CityState , - ZIP Code +4 Lookup Zipcode+4|
|Text messaging:||Send applications updates via text message|
To find your Congressional District visit the House of Representatives Website. If your permanent home address is out of state please choose the congressional district for your school.
|Verification of U.S. Citizenship:||I am a citizen of the United States of America|
What North Carolina institution of higher education will you be attending in the Fall?
|Current Degree Track:||MA/MS PhD|
|Expected Date of Graduation:|
All proposals should be uploaded as one pdf file. Proposals must contain the following sections (incomplete applications will not be reviewed) - see announcement for detailed information:
My research mentor has read and approved this project description
and has agreed to supervise me while I conduct this research.
I understand that my research mentor will ask me to report on my
research activities at the end of the academic year.
Optional Informationfor reporting purposes only
|Person With Disability:||Yes No|
How did you hear about the NC Space Grant/NC Sea Grant Graduate Research Fellowship Program?
CertificationIf I receive this award I will:
General Requirements: Fellows are required to:
- Provide a photo and biographical information upon selection;
- Agree to abide by all reporting requests from North Carolina Space Grant and North Carolina Sea Grant;
- Submit a Final Research Report that shall include a detailed summary of research results and an award impact statement. This information will be shared for review and use within NC Space Grant and/or NC Sea Grant;
- Present their findings at a meeting, conference, or other formal gathering of professional organization(s), association(s), etc. among peer researchers, policy-makers, or another relevant audience; and
- Respond to academic and employment follow-up surveys administered as required by the federal government.
- Work with the NC Sea Grant and NC Space Grant communications team to develop and implement a plan to share their research experiences, including but not exclusively on social media, in print and on the NC Sea Grant and NC Space Grant web properties.
- Translate the results of their project into in a public forum or educational setting. Presentations that encourage interest in the research topic among the general public, policy-makers, and/or K-12 school students are encouraged; and
- Translate the results of their project into a blog post or article for a publication - such as
Coastwatchmagazine and the Space Grant news webpage.